Old April 1st 04, 08:12 PM
Jazzy

"JRS" wrote in message
Jazz,

As a previous person noted, check for a street lamp(s). It should be
obvious if you can watch them while listening to the noise.

Other culprits: A heating pad in someone's house nearby. Same thing
applies to those vibrating devices that you can sit up against that
have heaters in them.

Aquarium heaters, heat tapes for pipes, although these should be
acting up all day long, not just at night.

Keep us posted.

John

One big thing happening is that the gas company is laying this huge yellow

piping past my street. However, they work all day and it doesn't affect it.
Just at night. This is around the time it started tho. Maybe they are
leaving something running at night?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:05:08 -0500, "Jazzy"
wrote:

Hi ,
I live in Southern NJ and like to listen to sports talk WIP 610 am .

My
problem is that about a month ago , at
about 7 every night( for hours) I get loud , blasting sounds for about

30
seconds straight at least every 5 minutes. It sounds like someone is

using a
power tool and it is interfering with the reception. Could that be it?

Can
it be my neighbor working on something every night? It sounds like when I
turn on certain lights in my house when am radio is on and it interferes.
Just had to post this, this is terrible , it has taken my nightly

listening
away. What could it be?
Thanks,
Jazz