Old April 1st 04, 09:14 PM
Mark Zenier

Jay Heyl wrote in message ...
In article . 130,
w says...
I just got an ICF-7600GR and I'm disappointed. Not in the radio itself
which is a fine piece of craftsmanship (for the money) but because all
the stuff I used to listen to is just bloody well GONE. BBC, Radio
Australia, and Deutche Welle no longer broadcast SW to the Americas.

Radio Australia usually comes in very clearly on 9580 starting at
midnight west coast time. (Probably 11pm this week since the rest of
the world seems to go to daylight savings time a week before the US.) I
can generally get Radio New Zealand on 9885 at about the same time,
though it's a bit tougher.

As of 9 or 10 PM last evening PST, try 13630 for Radio Australia, or for
an hour or so both Radio Japan and Radio Australia at the same time ;-(
And if you can't get Radio New Zealand on 9615, hook your antenna up to
your dental work. It should come in that way.

BBC no longer points in this direction, but
they point at South and Central America often enough that you can
normally get a readable BBC signal pretty much around the clock. I'm not

11835, 9825, and 5975 from 5 to 10 PM, as of next week.
6005, aimed at Africa after that for an hour or so.

sure it's always in English though. DW is also still receivable, though
for much less of the day than the others, at least in English. (Given
that they're from Germany, this seems somewhat reasonable.)

DW in english for Africa was on last night on 7170, the first time
I've heard English for a year now.

Mark Zenier