Old April 2nd 04, 09:32 AM
Jay Heyl

In article , says...
I just wanted to share my latest activities. I hate using the ac
adapter due to noise and I also hate the fact that it would only get
about 20 hours of use on a set of 4 batteries. So I took it apart,
soldered to wires to the pos/neg terminals of the battery compartment
and an connecter on the other ends. I bought a 10aH Coleman jumpstart
compact power supply at Radio Shack and a 6V DC-DC convertor. Now I can
run my 909 for quite a while off a single charge with no electrical
noise I formerly got. Used to when I plugged my cell phone into its

Not to discourage such experimentation, but I think for most people it
would be more practical to just buy some NiMH batteries and a charger. I
was rather surprised when I first read of people's displeasure with the
battery life on the 909. I've always used NiMH batteries with mine and
just didn't give it much thought when it was time to swap in a freshly
charged set of batteries. I always have several sets charged and ready
to go. If you know where to shop you can get NiMH batteries for not much
more than alkalines of the same size would cost.

-- Jay