Old April 2nd 04, 02:09 PM
Dan

In article ,
Jay Heyl wrote:

Not to discourage such experimentation, but I think for most people it
would be more practical to just buy some NiMH batteries and a charger. I
was rather surprised when I first read of people's displeasure with the
battery life on the 909. I've always used NiMH batteries with mine and
just didn't give it much thought when it was time to swap in a freshly
charged set of batteries. I always have several sets charged and ready
to go. If you know where to shop you can get NiMH batteries for not much
more than alkalines of the same size would cost.

I get mine on eBay. About $1.50 each for 2100 MAH batteries, including
shipping.

Dan

Drake R8, Grundig Satellit 650
Radio Shack DX-440, Grundig YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1936)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1935)