Old April 3rd 04, 07:49 PM
N8KDV

"T. Early" wrote:

"Llgpt" wrote in message
Subject: Al Franken on shortwave
From: "T. Early"

"The first poster's comments are not that far-fetched. Airamerica

is
being bankrolled--the buying of stations and/or air time without
regard to market demand--by wealthy liberals"

And Limbaugh's and Hannity's aren't being bankrolled by wealthy

Republicans? I
refrain from using the conservative word, as the majority of

republicans are
not conservative.

Just wondering.................

Les

Limbaugh and Hannity (and lesser lights such as Savage) are advertiser
supported. I have no idea whether those who support the programs with
advertising dollars are Republicans or Democrats, but I suspect that
there are at least some of the latter. It's not quite the same thing
as what is going on at Air America, at least for the time being, where
AFAIK stations have actually been purchased or segments of time bought
for the express purpose of getting the hosts on the air without regard
to receiving commercial advertising in return. To me, the latter is
actually closer to the shortwave "model."

You are 100% correct. Air America at the present time is not driven by
advertiser revenue.

That may indeed change, time will tell. But if history holds true, Air
America will fail.