Old April 4th 04, 06:11 AM
Mark Keith

"Dave" wrote in message If I were going to
try something similar (adding a capacitor, in series) in an attempt to bring
the resonance of the wire down into the 30 MHz range, what size (roughly)
capacitor should I use? Should I just try a few with different ranges, or
does anyone here have any suggestions?

Bring it down? You mean bring it up. It's resonant about 6 mhz or so.
To tune it for 30 mhz, you would need to cut about 28 ft or so off of
it. If you are severely overloading, cutting off a few ft would be a
good place to start anyway.. You probably can't handle more than 5-10
ft by the sound of it... MK

TIA

Cross-posted between sci.electronics.basics and rec.radio.shortwave

Not no mo... I dumped s.e.b. ...MK