Old April 4th 04, 10:59 PM
RHF

BURR,

For AFRTS at 10.320 MHz from Hawaii.

Try one of these two Antennas

SLOPER:
* Simple "Sloper" cut to about 97 Feet, that is 'Bottom Fed'
with an angle of 30 Degrees and an Apex of about 48 Feet.
* Position the "Sloper" so that the 'Slope of the Antenna' is
facing in the direction of Hawaii.
* Coax Cable Feed-in-Line with a Matching Transformer and
Ground Rod at the Bottom Feed Point would help a lot.

DIPOLE:
* Simple "Dipole" cut to about 47.7 Feet, that is 'Center Fed'
* Each Arm of the Dipole would be 23.8 Feet
* Height of the Dipole between 23.8 to 47.7 Feet
* Position the "Dipole" so that the 'Arms of the Dipole' are
Perpendicular to the direction of Hawaii. (Broadside)
* Coax Cable Feed-in-Line with a Balun and Ground Rod.

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = Burr wrote in message
= = = ...

It's 7:45 here and I'm trying both day and night from Hawaii,
Nothing!!!

Here a bump from time to time.

I am 85 miles inland at the Ont. airport.

I am using my Sony AN1 with my YB 400.

I also tried these freq.'s at home on the Sat 800
and the Drake SW8 using a long wire.

So far, I just can't get them.

..