Old April 5th 04, 01:25 AM
starman

Mark Zenier wrote:

starman wrote:

Why is the 2SK152 so rare?

It is/was a proprietary Sony part. The datasheet says it was
designed for read amplifers in VCRs, so maybe there's some out
there that can obtained from scrap Betamax's.

That's very interesting. I didn't know it was a Sony semiconductor. If I
had known about the history of the 2SK152 years ago, I would have looked
for it in other Sony products. I haven't seen a Betamax in a long time.
I doubt they use the 2SK152 in anything now. There is probably a
contemporary substitute for the 2SK152 which would work well in the
'2010' if certain component values were changed.