Old April 5th 04, 02:01 AM
Larry Ozarow

Telamon wrote:

I'm just fine with free speech.

On this we can agree. That's why I think it's
dangerous to be so quick to question the motives
of the guys behind Air America. Our current
government has already given itself the power
to go around the Constitution in cases of
suspected terrorism. To accuse people who
disagree with that government of being communists
gives the government the tool it needs to deal with
them in ways outside what we think of as legal, and
bring the whole thing down.

I have a friend at work from Greece and we had lunch
after the recent change of governments there. I asked
him how their general ebb and flow of political power
went, and among other things he summarized it as
the pigs on the right feed for 10 years, then the
pigs from the left push them aside and take their turn.
At the very least we have to hope in this country that
both sides continue to have elbow room.