Old April 5th 04, 02:27 AM
Dan

In article , starman
wrote:

Mark Zenier wrote:

starman wrote:

Why is the 2SK152 so rare?

It is/was a proprietary Sony part. The datasheet says it was
designed for read amplifers in VCRs, so maybe there's some out
there that can obtained from scrap Betamax's.

That's very interesting. I didn't know it was a Sony semiconductor. If I
had known about the history of the 2SK152 years ago, I would have looked
for it in other Sony products. I haven't seen a Betamax in a long time.
I doubt they use the 2SK152 in anything now. There is probably a
contemporary substitute for the 2SK152 which would work well in the
'2010' if certain component values were changed.

Try www.partsolver.com. Others have found this exact part there.

Dan

Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440,
Grundig Satellit 650, Satellit 700, YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)