Old April 5th 04, 02:33 AM
Jay Heyl

In article ,
says...
I know, some of you will advice me table top receivers like icom R75.
But, I don't have more then 500 dollars for this radio.
thank you very much for sparing your valuable time.

$500 is about what the R75 goes for in the US. If you'd asked a couple
weeks ago it would have been even less since Icom had a $50 factory
rebate deal going. I don't know what currency exchange rates and
shipping would do to the final price for you. You might also check the
used equipment lists at some of the online dealers. R75s pop up fairly
often. Ebay is also an option, though getting someone to ship to
Istanbul might be a bit of a challenge. Perhaps your friend who was
going to help with the Sat800 might be able to help out.

If you're willing to accept used equipment, very good quality receivers
from the past frequently appear on ebay.

One other that I think would generally be an improvement over the 7600
would be the TenTec RX320. It does have the downside of requiring a
computer to operate the radio (no front panel controls), but the price
should be well within your limit. They go for about US$330 direct from
the factory.

-- Jay