Old April 5th 04, 03:08 AM
gil

I can go back a little further than 5 years when the tropical bands were
loaded with small stations and it was challenging to hear numerous SW
broadcasters on the 120, 90, 75 and 60 meter bands which many of them are
gone now.
I assume the cost to maintain a station and the falling world economy has
driven many SW broadcasters under

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply
"tommyknocker" wrote in message
I was just thinking about this today. Has anybody noticed that shortwave
radio has really declined over the past five years or so? We've lost BBC
and Deutsche Welle transmissions to North America, we've lost several
smaller European broadcasters entirely, other stations have drastically
cut back. Are transmitting facilities really going on the blink so soon
after the end of the cold war? Or has everybody jumped on the BBC's
bandwagon and concluded that satellite and internet broadcasting has
replaced shortwave? Any thoughts?