Old April 5th 04, 04:02 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"B Banton" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 21:14:22 -0400, Dan wrote:

In article ,
(oan) wrote:

Dear friends,
I know you are fed up with these kind of "this or that" questions.
But, if you spare a couple of seconds to answer, I'll be very happy. I
searched the archives and other resources from net, i downloaded the
user's manuels of both radios. It seems that satellite has more
specialities but it is unreliable. You have to be lucky if you choose
a satellite800, because, some users say they had unending factory
problems with their product. I live in Istanbul and I will order it
from a friend who lives in US (because it is the half price in US).

I would go for the Satellit 800. The early ones had quality control
issues, now they seem to be pretty stable. Since you are having a US
friend order it, he can check it out before he ships it to you.

If I had $500 to spend, the 800 is definitely the radio I would be
getting. I already have a 650, and just picked up a 700 on eBay. I
may yet get an 800 if I can find a good deal on one.

Have you considered a used 700? It will likely perform as well - if
not better - than a new 800, and will cost considerably less.

Dan

Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440,
Grundig Satellit 650, Satellit 700, YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)

A 700 for "considerably" less than a 800? You from our planet?

Really... good condition 700's are going for at least what an 800 sells for,
and I've seen NIB 700's (I have one, and have considered putting it on ebay)
go for in excess of $1200...