Old April 5th 04, 06:47 AM
Pete KE9OA

I wonder if it is the GPS error correction signals that are sent in that
range.

Pete

"Mark Keith" wrote in message
m...
starman wrote in message

I recently discovered a strong (+20-db) carrier on all my receivers at
324-Khz. It doesn't go away when I disconnnect the home AC at the main
breaker panel. It seems to be everywhere in the neighborhood. I think
there might be some modulation on it. Is this likely to be a data
carrier for remote control of the domestic powerline system? AFAIK, I
don't live near any point source for such a signal.

I get that here also. I'm not sure if that exact freq, but it's in the
300 kc range. I'm fairly sure it's coming from the power lines. I hear
some kind of data on ours for sure, and I think it's a way for the
power co to monitor and control the power system. Thats my best guess
at this time anyway...

MK