Old April 5th 04, 05:15 PM
Peter Maus

DK wrote:
I've been trying for 3 weeks to join the Grundig Satellit Yahoo group and
my membership has been pending since 3 weeks ! I have sent some emails to
the group moderator but he looks like being either blind or dumb. I do hope
he is still alive. I know the memberships must be accepted. I don't see any
reason why mine should not be. Well, that's my opinion !!! I have joined a
lot of Yahoo groups in the past, it's the first time it happens. Did anybody
experience such a delay in joining this particular group? Does anybody know
what I could do to make the process a bit faster ? I just want to use tact
and discretion !
Thanks in advance

D. Kremp
Normandy/France

You need to bear in mind that some groups are private groups. And
membership is by sponsored invitation only. There is no requirement
that all membership applications be approved. The list owner is
under no obligation to include any person who wishes to join. And
often there is no reason to the approval process.

In the case of this particular group, my own membership was by
sponsored invitation, took only a couple of days and was
accomplished with a couple of e-mails.

In the case of this particular group, the list owner is often on
the road, and may simply not be available for your application. This
is his busy season. He and he alone may accept new members. So,
you may simply be in a holding pattern until he returns.

Then again, I resigned from this group nearly a year ago, so this
information may be outdated.

Inquire from the list owner. Be tactful. If you receive no
response, inquire from another member if there's a problem.