Old April 5th 04, 10:27 PM
Al Arduengo

Yodar wrote:
I failed too, and in my disgust I erected my first SLINKY, and each
iteration afterwards has been a noticeable improvement...My current
slinky spacing is probably 10 times the spacing on a broomstick and tho
the writers say it's resonant at 7.2 Mhz, my GOES TO TOWN on the 31
meter band

I'm really happy with it

Yodar

Al Arduengo wrote:

Sorry if this a repost. I think the original post failed.

I just completed an attempt at construction of the "broomstick" antenna,
the plans for which were found on the internet. I used a 84" x 1.5"
pole, a 14" aluminum pie pan, approximately 100' of 14/2 solid household
wire. I followed the instructions as closely as possible in the
construction. To my dismay the contraption provided absolutely *no*
increase in signal strength that I could discern. Before I call this a
flop I wanted to ask a few questions of the group:

Best,
-Al A.

Would you mind sharing your slinky design with me? Is it inside your
listening structure or outside?

Thanks!