Old April 6th 04, 11:51 PM
Stinger

"Brian Colwell" wrote in message
news:Afocc.33611$oR5.19788@pd7tw3no...

"DK" wrote in message
I've been trying for 3 weeks to join the Grundig Satellit Yahoo group

and
my membership has been pending since 3 weeks ! I have sent some emails

the group moderator but he looks like being either blind or dumb. I do

hope
he is still alive. I know the memberships must be accepted. I don't see

any
reason why mine should not be. Well, that's my opinion !!! I have joined

lot of Yahoo groups in the past, it's the first time it happens. Did

anybody
experience such a delay in joining this particular group? Does anybody

know
what I could do to make the process a bit faster ? I just want to use

tact
and discretion !
Thanks in advance

D. Kremp
Normandy/France

I ran into the same thing about a year ago, And was refused membership
!!!?...I hate to say this but I think he has some prejudices regarding the
country of origin. The reason are never stated, of course but I have never
run into this, in any other group I have applied to join .

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it :-)).

BMC

I doubt it's anything as sinister as that. I think that it is much more
likely that you got rejected due to anti-spam measures gone wrong.

Recently, I noticed the moderator of the SW77 group mentioned that about 20%
of the applications for his group were spam-related. He sends out an e-mail
that you have to reply as a short note back, and you're in. Some of the
automated anti-spam measures on Yahoo Groups have been known to go on the
fritz as well.

If you included an "anti-spam measure" like you did (smartly) in your usenet
address in the post above, then the automated measures (or an admin not
paying attention) would get a bounced note and not let you in.

I suggest you re-apply using this method for dealing with Yahoo Groups:
First, open yourself a free Yahoo mail account. Then use that account to
apply for the admission to the group (after all, you could care less if it
gets spammed). Just be sure to check it until you're in.

-- Stinger