Old April 7th 04, 03:09 AM
Brian Denley

I also bought a set of wireless 900 MHz headphones and they are working well
(my wife is especially grateful). Mine are made by Accoustic Research and
the range is good enough that I can walk around the house and still hear the
program fine. I am very pleased so far and the freedom from a phone cable
is refreshing. I find these type of phones especially useful for my
computer controlled receivers (RX-320, RX-350, NRD-535Db, R8A, R-5000,
895xlt) since they are on the other side of the room from the computer.
While they are all routed into my soundcard it's still nice to sit at the
computer, listen to RNZI, etc. and not be connected to a wire.

--
Brian Denley

"Nicolae Santean" wrote in message

Some time ago I posted on a thread about suitable headphones for SWL.

Since the thread had no hard conclusion really and since I have

experimented
with about 6 brands of headphones ever since, I thought this may be of
interest :

I found a pair of headphones made by RCA (model CWHP140), sold at WalMart
for 50CAD before taxes, 30m(open) wireless, TX 900MHz, response

100Hz-7KHz,
impedance 22 Ohms, distortion 2%, etceteras.