Old April 9th 04, 05:39 AM
Gary

B Banton wrote in message I would also add that there are only 2 watts out. The old Grundigs
hit 15. Plus they just feel cheap. Like plastic China cheap. You
will be disappointed.

Although I am a little disappointed in the 2-watts and lack of bass,
reception on my Satellit 800 exceeds that of the Satellit 650 I had
mainly because of the great sideband-selectable sync detector. I also
like the SLOW/FAST AGC on the 800 much better than the manual gain
control on the 650. And since the 800 cost half as much as the 650, I
am very much satisfied with it. The fact that it is made of plastic
doesn't both me as I use it on as a tabletop and to me it doesn't look
or feel cheaply made. I would have loved the 650 if they had added a
sideband-selectable sync detector and a fast/slow AGC. Then it would
have been outstanding.