Old April 10th 04, 03:00 PM
Ron Hardin

Default Weak NiMH battery test?

I need to toss out NiMH batteries that won't hold enough charge (the
Pogo RipFlash destroys itself if the battery dies while recording).

Is there a quick way to test battery capacity?

At the moment I am resorting to a slow process

1. Put battery pair in RipFlash

2. Start recording, note the time when the first battery bar goes out.

3. Test the voltage of the batteries; label the weakest one with the
time and put the strongest one, recharged, back in the pool.

4. Take a new charged pair from the pool and repeat.

Eventually you get a set of batteries that last long enough for the
purpose, and a batteries labelled with time according to their weakness
that won't.

It's a little slow though.

Something that simply discharged the batteries and measured the
total energy or something would do better.
--
Ron Hardin