Old April 10th 04, 03:30 PM
radiok3pi

I had that same feeling Mr. Bearcat...

It is an interesting question. A new Sangean 818, the radio that
replaced the 803A goes for about $160 new. I think most people with
experience with both radios recognize that the 818 is inferior. So I
could see someone paying upwards of that for a mint new in box 803A.
And of course there is the "you can't find them new anymore" factor.

Good used ones go in the $75 range + / -

A good resource would be the Yahoo 803A group. They probably could
weigh in on it with more precision.

Also, I see a good condition used 803A as a better alternative to the
overhyped CCRadio (unless you gotta have that wx radio or the all
important TV audio). With those going for $160 & the 803A having
shortwave (+ ssb), I would see this new in box 803A being more
valuable than a new CCRadio.

73 Russ K3Pi