Old April 10th 04, 08:23 PM
Ron Hardin

Gray Shockley wrote:
I have yet to write up a mini-review on the CCrane QuickCharger Battery
Charger" but I think that's it's "interesting" to note that I have never had
a NiMH battery that failed to charge (out of mebbe 50 that I use).

I have one but use it only as a voltmeter. I use the Maha C401FS for actual charging,
which does AA or AAA cells individually (any mixture up to 4), slow or fast charge
(I always use slow).

The not-charging problem isn't a failure to charge, but a failure to hold much charge.
That is, the battery runs down quicker and quicker. At some point it's a loser
and you toss it. The trick is finding those batteries easily, when you always use
them in pairs.

The Crane charger suffers mostly from being a parallel charger, so you can wind
up not having charged some of the cells at all, usually owing to a bad contact
with the charger. There's no way to test this, unfortunately; though you can test
that it happened when you finish. Then it's too late. The voltmeter is nice though.
--
Ron Hardin