Old April 10th 04, 09:41 PM
Telamon

In article ,
(Charlie B.) wrote:

The recap was very easy plently of room to unsolder/solder as
everything was basically on the chassis. I did make one additional
purchase an EICO (remember them?) Q Multip0-lier that I had my dad
help me figure out how to install. The one thing that I learned to do
was replace the dial cords, as they freyed with heavy use. The
stability in AM/CW/SSB left alot to be desired but its a fun set, the
dial had all thode countries printed on it, but with no particular
point to set the dial marker to. The newer digital rreceivers make
tuning a frequency next to impossible to botch up unless you cant
read numbers.

Yes I remember EICO. They made kits and test equipment. My first
oscilloscope as a teenager was an all tube EICO kit. This single
channel baby had a huge 4.5 MHz bandwidth and round electrostaticly
controlled CRT!

--
Telamon
Ventura, California