Old August 15th 04, 11:10 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

I've often wondered at exactly what crossover point a helical coil
turns into a loading coil. If one adds a one inch stinger to a helical
coil, does that turn it into a loading coil? How about a one foot stinger?
Is a one foot long loading coil not a helical coil? Does a one foot long
wire? On a center-loaded mobile antenna, how can the ARCCOS of the current
at the feedpoint be zero degrees and the ARCCOS of the current at the tip
be 90 degrees without there being 90 degrees between the feedpoint and the
tip? (When are you going to invite everyone over to Bar-B-Q that sacred cow?)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

We have to wait for the patent 'splaining the "miracle".
One thing I "discovered" that winding the wire either as a coil or simply
taping it to the wood or plastic dielectric detunes the heck of it (losses,
making it look more "broadband"). I taped the wire of quarter wave vertical to
the bamboo pole, and it was way off resonance. When I put plexiglass spacers,
insulators, bingo, right on frequency.
Coil is a coil and in the antenna circuit it behaves that way.
One thing is comapring quarter wave electrical length (loaded) radiator to
quarter wave monopole, another thing is making it electrically longer, loading
it and then comparing to quarter wave radiator. From presentation it was hard
to judge what exactly was DLM electrically equivalet to.

We might have clinic on verticals over "perfect" salty water soon, we are
closing on waterfront property near the Ocean Gate old AT&T huge Rhombic
antenna farm and looking for some juicy coiled sausage to BBQ.

I think that hanging cow bell and flourescent light on the DLM would make it
one class better, maybe 120% efficient antenna :-)

What will they think of next?

73 Yuri, K3BU.us