Old April 11th 04, 05:32 AM
Larry Weil

In article ,
(Patty Winter) wrote:

My cherished Blaupunkt Monterey 23 SQR is finally giving up the
ghost after 15 years. (Well, I've had the car for 15 years, but
it was three years old when I got it, so the radio is actually
18 years old.)

So...do I have to limit myself to ordinary AM and FM stations
henceforth, or is there some DIN-sized radio I've overlooked
that will also give me some more interesting bands?

There are some Sony models sold elsewhere which can be set for US
channel spacing, and which will receive shortwave. The source for these
that I remember is
http://www.jackys.com. The prices are reasonable but
be prepared for some hefty shipping charges.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH