Old April 13th 04, 02:56 PM
Pirate Bill

Ive got a pair of them and I can honestly tell you they arent a bit better
than a YB-400 for Shortwave or amateur radio listening. I got mine when I
helped sell a cell phone company here locally in Kentucky. Ive since bought
a pair of RX-340's from Ten Tec and for half the price I think they are much
better as far as shortwave. I like the R-75 Icoms and R8 series Drake better
on Shortwave too....Even a Yaesu FT-1000D and the 1000 MP models are better
than the 9000 on shortwave. There are a lot of other routes to go rather
than spend twice or in some cases 4 times the money for mediochre
performance.

Go buy a pair of R-75's and put up some different outside wire antenna's and
prosper!

Bill
"Brian Denley" wrote in message
WeLoveSpam wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting one of these sometime. What do you
think of them, i.e. performance, features, reliability, value for
money, etc ?

Actually I heard early ones had reliability problems, whats a goood
S/N to get above please ?

Thanks,
Mike

I have been thinking of picking one up too!!........as soon as I hit the
lottery.

--
Brian Denley