Old April 13th 04, 05:16 PM
Diverd4777

- Sorry to hear that, Ray;

There are a few stations that have been treated the same way round here;
- Loop antenna help, or have they changed the format to something else?

Here in NYC, occasionally we can pick up WWVA, out of Wheeling, west Virginia;
- but only on certain nights..
& I DID like the Caribbean music WLIB used to play up here

Dan

In article , "Corbin Ray"

Subject: WLIB killed WOWO
From: "Corbin Ray"
Date: 13 Apr 2004 15:46:19 GMT

I don't care who owns WLIB. But I will never forgive them for killing one of
the best radio stations in middle America. Remember what happened to WOWO,
50,000-watt blowtorch from Fort Wayne that covered 38 states and half of
Canada? The owner of WLIB bought them a few years ago, decreased their power
and changed their directional pattern just so that WLIB could increase its
own power to cover NYC. Then the owners dumped their damaged goods and sold
WOWO to someone else.

That was one of the saddest days in broadcast history for me. WOWO used to
have an incredible signal here in Kentucky. Back in the 70s, my radio
buttons were set on WLS, WCFL, WOWO, and 15 WLAC. And even though they
weren't still playing music, I was listening to them steadily every night,
right up to the sad night when their strong signal became a noisy whisper.

So as far as I'm concerned, WLIB can take a flying leap into the Hudson
River and let us have WOWO back.