Old April 13th 04, 10:47 PM
Diverd4777

I listen to WWVA for the 10:00 P.M. Coal Mine report;
- Which I find fascinating.
here in NYC, its all Stock Markets; Out in the Midwest it's all Feed grain
prices;
In L.A it's all Traffic & entertainment
& in Saudi Arabia, I suppose it's all Oil,
& what Schools are giving specials on Pilot Licences or something

Dan ( Listening to BBC on 12.095 & Randi Rhodes on 1.190 )

In article , Ron Hardin
writes:

Diverd4777 wrote:
Here in NYC, occasionally we can pick up WWVA, out of Wheeling, west

Virginia;
- but only on certain nights..

You can't rely on WWVA when it rains. They automatically cut into anything
with
weather bureau rain warnings and you miss the punch lines. Clear Channel at
work.

I go to an alternate Rush on rainy days (WDAO Dayton, though they're maniacs
for
traffic tieup breaking news. Nobody just plays the damn program anymore).

I'd listen to the Columbus local WTVN for Rush but they delay it an hour so
the hell with
them; also they play Rush with an annoying echo special-effect that the
program director
thinks is erotic. Maybe if they turned it off people could listen at lunch.
--
Ron Hardin