Old April 14th 04, 06:19 AM
Dave

Hmmm. Others have suggested I was overloading it, but I don't *think* that
is the case. It's just hard to dig weak signals out of the hash and trash
surrounding them (like Voice of Korea's broadcast to Central and South
America.) I am planning on building a preselector anyway, and will post
updates on the effects of that addition.

Dave

"RHF" wrote in message
om...
DAVE,

Here is the RadioIntel 'review' of the Sangean ATS-505 by Russ [K3PI]
http://www.radiointel.com/review-ats505.htm
Two points made by the reviewer we
* "An external antenna jack is provided, but it only works
for SW (not AM/MW)."
* "This receiver is quite sensitive on SW and I found that
using an external antenna overloaded it."

iane ~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Dave" wrote in message
= = = ...

Sorry, forgot to include that information. I am using a DX-402
(aka Sangean ATS-505).

I honestly wondered about that, but hesitated to shorten the
wire because I would (obvioiusly) lose some sensitivity, and
really like being able to pick up VOK's English broadcasts to
Central America. Only problem is the noise that makes it
difficult to single out.

Thanks,

Dave