Old April 15th 04, 02:39 PM
Frank White

In article ,
says...

Michael Bryant wrote:

From: N8KDV

So if Joe Stalin were the opposing candidate would you vote for him?

John Kerry's not Joe Stalin. Now, you on the other hand......

I on the other hand, am not Joe Stalin either.

FDR: "I knew Josef Stalin. Josef Stalin was a close personal
ally of necessity of mine. And you, Sir, are no Josef Stalin!"

^_^

Your hypothetical was also not very apt. Stalin is not running
for President; and it is not a choice between a bungling
incompetant President and a bloody handed, charismatic,
EVEN MORE incompetant modern day Czar (no kidding about Stalin's
incompetance. He gutted almost every aspect of Russian
society, to the point tht Hitler was probably justified in
thinking the USSR would be child's play to defeat. If it
hadn't been for a winter that was horrifically brutal even
by Russian standards and froze the German advance in its
tracks, he probably would have been proved right...)

If you had wanted to make me squirm, instead of an example
as ridiculous as Uncle Joe, you could have asked "If David
Duke, or Madelene O'Hare, or John Ashcroft were running
for President, would you vote for any of them?" Make it
a real question, instead of hyperbole, and then it will be
worth answering.

FW