Old April 17th 04, 10:29 AM
John Plimmer

No! These are highly technical tomes and are orientated to the ham bands.
Shortwave listeners require different types of antennas, that is all band
full frequency general coverage (and no power).
Universal used to have some really good wire antenna books for SWL's only at
a very modest price and not too technical.
I haven't looked lately, but see their website:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/index2.html

South 33 d 47 m 540 s, East 20 d 07 m 541 s.
RX Drake R8B, SW8
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop

"Dave" wrote in message
Has anyone here read the two books on wire antennas by the ARRL? They are
volumes I & II, and have at least some information on shortwave receiver
antennas. Are they any good? Should I spend my money on them?

Thanks,

Dave