Old April 19th 04, 10:29 PM
N8KDV

Default Automatic Tape Recording off of a Radio?

Jim Williams wrote:

I'd like to be able to automatically record some shows off of a radio.
Most are on MW (AM 510-1600). I'd like to get a radio that can be
programmed with timers to automatically turn on and tune to a station
at certain times and activate a tape recorder.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on some setups?

Some ideas I'm wondering about, a

- Icom R-75? Does it have timers?

- CCRadio Plus (I think this along with the VersaCorder will do what I
want, but no SW)

- Does the Ten-Tec RX-320 have timers? Can it activate a tape
recorder? Can it be programmed to start recording via some sort of
software to MP3 files on a computer?

- Yaesu FRG-100?
- Sony 7600GR?
- Sony 2010?
- Grundig S350?
- Grundig Satellit 800?

I saw a Sangean SW receiver with a built in tape recorder (818
maybe?). I don't remember if it had auto-reverse, though. Does it have
timers?

I guess one consideration is having enough tape to record a 2 or 3
hour show... Recording to MP3s on a computer would obviate that, I
guess.

- Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help,
Jim

The Drake R8 series is capable of starting and stopping a recorder via
timers.