Old August 19th 03, 06:06 PM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:43:54 GMT, Dave Shrader
wrote:

Richard I am very familiar with all you write.

But I have one question: if the 'transmission line' is very short so
that the 'significant portion of a wavelength' criteria is not met, then
the capacitive reactance of the line and any inductive reactance in the
load and the effective Q of the circuit may all come into play. Is it
possible for a resonant condition to exist? If so, does the reflection
coefficient have any significance?

Deacon Dave, W1MCE

Hi Dave,

Depends on two things. The degree of resolution you demand and the
possibility of end effects (would it be easier to go around instead of
through?).

When I was at the Metrologist Bench, I would be asked "how accurate
can you measure this?" My response was "How much can you afford?"

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC