Old April 20th 04, 04:37 PM
Diverd4777

Default Do you always need a ground when you use an outdoor antenna?

If I run a wire out the window to a tree near the house, do I also
need to run a ground wire to the ground outside?

Does an outside wire perform better if it's grounded or is it a safety
precaution (or both)?

Thank you,
Jim

I would suggest getting a heavy duty lightning arrestor for your antenna and
also a
" Quick release" antenna mechanism in case of lightning storms;
and possibly install a lightning rod in the tree itself..

Lightning is a very bad thing to have happen to your house;
I believe even a near miss will fry all electronics in the house..