Old August 20th 04, 10:22 AM
Edward A. Feustel

"SpamHog" wrote in message
m...
On my T2FD I used 1/2" electrical plastic pipe for spreaders.

The wire is rather thick: 4 mm^2 conductor section, stranded,
PVC-insulated.

At the moment, spreaders are tied in place with copper telephone
twisted pair.

I am planning to fill the pipes with urethane foam to keep water - and
especially the bugs - out of them.

Urethane should also bond well with the PVC insulation on wires,
allowing me to remove the ugly twisted pair, but I am not sure.

How do you suggest to keep the spreaders in place?

tnx es 73 de n1jpr/i2

In the open line I bought, slits are cut in the ends of the plastic tubing.
The wire used is insulated and slightly greater diameter than the slits.
Thus friction holds the wire in place.
Ed, N5EI

http://filippo.ru.ru