Old August 20th 04, 06:57 PM
Steve Nosko

Actually...

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On 20 Aug 2004 02:19:00 -0700, (SpamHog) wrote:

Today, we have more people in more countries with more tooth fillings
near more (and more powerful) transmitters than ever before, yet
nobody claims to hear radio in their teeth.

All of the metal in my teeth has been replaced with composites or
capped. This shifts the resonance out of the AM band into the marine
band where there are fewer, less powerful transmitters nearby.

YMMV

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I have many amalgam fillings and lived 1 mile from a 50KW. station on 1160
Kc. (they were sending out kilocycles back then). The only thing that picked
up un wanted signals was the house built-in intercom radio. You had WJJD
about every 50KC on the dial. Of course a razor blade and a pair of
earphones did pretty well too.

The state of Wisconsin has a rather good public radio network (also on the
net). Saturday mornings there is a doctor's call-in show. A woman called
in claiming that she _heard_ music coming from the mouth of her young
son/daughter.
So there are claims...
And BTW. I have been working with RF for the last 30+ years and there are
absolutely no side eff...f..f..f..ff..ec...t..t..s.

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.