Old April 26th 04, 02:49 PM
Al Arduengo

uncle arnie wrote:
Al Arduengo wrote:

Does anyone do this? If so, what hardware? Is there a particular tape
recorder you use? Is there a particular way you use your PC?

Thanks for any info.
-Al

I have a versacorder 1/4 speed recorder which synchs with the radio. I've
also plugged it into a laptop and recorded via the sound card to the
harddrive, which makes it easy to burn the audio to a cd later. MP3 or Ogg
to Wav to hear in the car. Both work very well.

Thanks for the response. I have tried a few times to get the laptop
soundcard recording working but in all cases the result was a *lot* of
distortion, almost as if the gain was maxed out on the soundcard.
HOwever even when I reduce line-in gain to minimal, the distortion is
overwhelming the actual voice data. I have tried using both the line-in
and the recorder in jacks with equal results. Do you think I am missing
something?

-Al