Old August 20th 04, 09:15 PM
Walter Maxwell

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:48:41 -0500, "Crazy George"
wrote:

What we encountered were dynamic range problems. The instrument operates as
HP says, but if a strong enough interfering signal appears at an input, it
overloads the first(usually) active device, causing various unwanted
products to appear in band, and sometimes desensitizing the channel. Urban
problem with many other radio services nearby, and it doesn't help to be
under the landing path of USAF aircraft with their jammers still active
either.

Hi George,

I understand the situation you encountered, but as I understand the 'other
John's' situation, he was sufficiently far from strong RF fields such that there
would be no problem with dynamic range. My interest is what the meters showed on
his 8405 that would be recognized as negative resistance.

Walt, W2DU