Old August 21st 04, 12:03 AM
Doug Birky

I do have 1 other option. I have some 50' trees that would stretch about
130' apart. The issue is they are about 200' from the shack. Can I run that
much coax?

KC1DI wrote in message

Hi Doug,

I'm Running the Windom ( OFCD) it identical to what your saying. but
you'll find that the coax needs to come off the antenna in pretty much a
90 degree angle. ohterwise you will end up with lots of fedline
radiation which will cause problems in the shack.
73 Dave kc1di

Can you give me an indication about how long a lead I need before
running the coax back toward the house and into the radio? I'm going
to run the coax up the house and out to the feedpoint.

Doug

Hi again Doug,

Was out of town so did not get your question for a few days.

You should run it away from the antenna at 90 degrees for about 1/4 wave
if possible. on 80M that would be about 66 ft. but as far as you can
in any event. some claim choke balun at 22' down the feedline works
well Mine is about 30' then a choke balun then about 75' to the shack
and it seem to work for me.
73 Dave