Old April 27th 04, 11:37 AM
Pete & Renee Davis

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
I scanned across 7415 a few times last night. Didn't know that it was supposed
to be Amos & Andy; just heard someone asking for money. Thought maybe
NPR had gone SW .
pYou're right; this is a piece of Americana, even if it's not PC in this
day and age.
pI suspect that some SWLers might be avoiding WBCQ now that the preacher
has taken over more air time. But I guess it pays the bills.
pI'd probably kick in a few bucks to keep the program on the air. Can
you post their address?
pPete Davis
pGO BEARCATS wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEAt 0400UCT here at my QTH in Cincinnati, first time
I EVER heard Ed 'literally'
brplead for donations.  I was taping the show to let my Dad hear
it and hoping he
brread my letter I sent out Saturday with some money.
pBut he didn't do the 'Amos & Andy' show itself tonight, he used
their voices to
brask for donations,  I wonder how many (like he said) listen to
the 12-14 minute
brshow every night and leave it to others to send in two or five bucks?
pHe literally said it tonight.  "No donations and the show will
forever be
brgone." He really means it too.  It WILL be gone also because no
one is going to
bracquire the original scripts (he won't sell em'~*he'd burn then first
IMO~* and
brdo the voices like he does.  It's pretty sad IMO,  that show
is a HUGE part of
brAmericana and just because cheap butts won't send it two dollars but
listen to
brit, people like me aren't going to get to hear it anymore and I was
just
brgetting into the characters and storyline.
pIf he takes it off the air due to those reasons, I can't do much, but
I'll
brnever send another cent to ANY broadcaster anywhere.  Let em'
fend for their
brselves or shut up (like apparently everyone else is doing) because
I'm not
brgiving you my money so you can hear for free...lol.  These transmitters
and
brrelays and stuff don't run for free,  not including his time and
everything he
brsaid tonight that goes into making ONE show.
pI'll fire up my four scanners and transmitter and do my BCB dxing and
forget
brshortwave and get my ticket.
pJust my take, was curious if anyone heard his pitiful characters begging
for
brmoney, oh yeah, if you send in anything he said he will send you a
color (I
brthink) photograph of himself (Ed Bolton) behind the mic reading the
scripts.
brI'm looking forward to getting mine, at least I'll have that to remind
me of
brit.
pThoughts anyone on him asking for small donations like that?
p       &nbsp ;       &nbsp ;
~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
br       &nbs p;
*****GO BEARCATS*****
br       &nbs p;
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
br       &nbs p;                &nbsp ;
Hammarlund HQ140X
br       &nbs p;
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
br       &nbs p;
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
br       &nbs p;
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
br       &nbs p;
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
br       &nbs p;
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
br       &nbs p;
DX100/394/398/399/402
br       &nbs p;
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
br       &nbs p;
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
br       &nbs p;
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
br       &nbs p;
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
br       &nbs p;
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
br       &nbs p;
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
br       &nbs p;
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
br       &nbs p;
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
br       &nbs p;
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
br       &nbs p;
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
br       &nbs p;
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*
br /blockquote
/html