Old April 27th 04, 01:29 PM
N8KDV

GO BEARCATS wrote:

At 0400UCT here at my QTH in Cincinnati, first time I EVER heard Ed 'literally'
plead for donations. I was taping the show to let my Dad hear it and hoping he
read my letter I sent out Saturday with some money.

But he didn't do the 'Amos & Andy' show itself tonight, he used their voices to
ask for donations, I wonder how many (like he said) listen to the 12-14 minute
show every night and leave it to others to send in two or five bucks?

He literally said it tonight. "No donations and the show will forever be
gone." He really means it too. It WILL be gone also because no one is going to
acquire the original scripts (he won't sell em'~*he'd burn then first IMO~* and
do the voices like he does. It's pretty sad IMO, that show is a HUGE part of
Americana and just because cheap butts won't send it two dollars but listen to
it, people like me aren't going to get to hear it anymore and I was just
getting into the characters and storyline.

Maybe it's not a case of 'cheap butts' not sending in any money, but rather the
possibility that there are actually very few listeners?

If he takes it off the air due to those reasons, I can't do much, but I'll
never send another cent to ANY broadcaster anywhere. Let em' fend for their
selves or shut up (like apparently everyone else is doing) because I'm not
giving you my money so you can hear for free...lol. These transmitters and
relays and stuff don't run for free, not including his time and everything he
said tonight that goes into making ONE show.

I'll fire up my four scanners and transmitter and do my BCB dxing and forget
shortwave and get my ticket.

Just my take, was curious if anyone heard his pitiful characters begging for
money, oh yeah, if you send in anything he said he will send you a color (I
think) photograph of himself (Ed Bolton) behind the mic reading the scripts.
I'm looking forward to getting mine, at least I'll have that to remind me of
it.

Thoughts anyone on him asking for small donations like that?

He can ask all he wants, but as I've mentioned above there may actually be very few
listeners.

As with anything like that, only a percentage of listeners would send in money
anyway. Ask NPR!

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*