Old August 21st 04, 10:17 AM
Ed Price

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On 20 Aug 2004 02:19:00 -0700, (SpamHog) wrote:

Today, we have more people in more countries with more tooth fillings
near more (and more powerful) transmitters than ever before, yet
nobody claims to hear radio in their teeth.

All of the metal in my teeth has been replaced with composites or
capped. This shifts the resonance out of the AM band into the marine
band where there are fewer, less powerful transmitters nearby.

YMMV

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Richard, you gotta pay closer attention to what the doc is doing inside your
mouth!

Caps have a ceramic layer atop a metal (titanium?) mandrel. And even more
fun is that there's a rather large and long stainless steel post that was
drilled down to nearly the end of the root of that tooth. After the post is
cemented into the base of the tooth, the cap is cemented onto the post. The
post might be 5/8" long, and the cap sits on the post separated by a
dielectric adhesive.

Although the nerve was "killed" at the point it enters the root of the
tooth, the rest of the nerve bundle really isn't that far from the end of
the stainless steel post. Sounds like an interesting collection of resonant
structures, lossy dielectrics, conductive fluids and potential diodes; all
located quite near to your nervous system.

Any of our EZNEC gurus care to model that structure?

Ed
wb6wsn