Old August 21st 04, 06:38 PM
Ron

Default Preferred antenna location

Other than locating an antenna as high as posible and in open space, are there
"sweet spots" that behave like funnels for radio waves? By moving a portable
receiver around to find the strongest signal, I have noticed that certain
locations (I'm talking feet and yards, not miles) produce much more signal
strength than others. Of course, I also end up moving the antenna angle too
which may be responsible for this behavior. Just wondering if this effect is
worth considering when installing an antenna. Or am I just finding the
strongest lobe of the antenna pattern?

Ron, W4TQT