Old May 1st 04, 01:52 AM
starman

GrtPmpkin32 wrote:

There are differing opinions on how well the R-75 sync' detector works
after the mod'. It certainly works better, but compared to the sync' on
some other receivers, it's nothing to brag about.

I'm not bragging, and I'm well aware of the differing opinions about the Icom
synch. circuit. I find it funny that no one can ever recommend or sometimes
even mention the R75 without somebody having to point out the synch. flaws and
other long-argued bones of contention about that particular radio.
The original post asked if there was anything the FRG100 couldn't do that the
R75 could, and I was explaining why I chose NOT to buy a Yaesu FRG100.
Neither radio is for everyone, and each has their definite weaknesses. For my
listening habits, the weakness was greater in the Yaesu unit.
Linus

I wasn't directing the 'brag' comment specifically at you. It's just a
figure of speech. I almost said it's nothing to write home about. My
point is that even with the mod', the R75 sync' falls far short of some
other receivers. That could be an important point to some prospective
R75 owners.