Old May 1st 04, 02:14 AM
Al Bolton

I wish it were that easy....the switch is fine, and I'm aware of the problem
with it wearing out. No, it's an oscillator problem somewhere. Thanks for
the suggestion anyway.
Al

"starman" wrote in message
Al Bolton wrote:

Hi all,
I'm attempting to fix a (National) Panasonic RF-4800 receiver for an old
chap here. It is dead on the 2nd short-wave band set although it works

OK on
MF/LF and FM now. Seems like the local oscillator(s) isn't working which
isn't too difficult
normally BUT unfortunately, he allowed the internal batteries to leak
everywhere, so it could be a long job getting it right again. I don't

mind
doing this but I have absolutely NO info on the set, so a schematic or
manual would be VERY welcome! Most happy to pay for a photocopy. The
RF-4900/DR-49 set is very similar and a schematic or manual from this

set
would be OK as well.

Try cleaning the sliding bandswitch with a good spray cleaner like
'DeOxIt'.