Old May 1st 04, 06:02 AM
GrtPmpkin32

I wasn't directing the 'brag' comment specifically at you. It's just a
figure of speech. I almost said it's nothing to write home about. My
point is that even with the mod', the R75 sync' falls far short of some
other receivers. That could be an important point to some prospective
R75 owners.

Indeed. I've used a few receivers over the years that had synch (the best being
the Drake R8B) and the Icom's isn't as good overall, but still does the job
well, particularly if you back the RF gain down a hair.
But in the context of the original question about the Yaesu FRG100, since it
has no synch, good or not-as-good, I decided to go with another receiver. It
ended up being the R75. And as it is now, I'd rather have a working synch than
the best synch ever, if the radio which sports the best synch ever costs too
much for my own good! :-)
Linus