Old August 22nd 04, 05:10 PM
Richard Clark

On 22 Aug 2004 10:01:17 GMT, ( Doug Goncz ) wrote:

OK, I've got it.

ftp://users.aol.com/DGoncz/Antenna/

WHFS in stereo at 3 AM.

I note the plug has to be in just more than half way, not all the way for best
results. Maybe I should be using a balun, coax, and a phone jack adapter as
suggested.

Yes, very much if things are this touchy. You are trying to feed a
high Z antenna into a low Z cable. Radio Shack has a very common
BalUn product designed to take care of this very simply (and using
common coaxial products they sell too).

No active amplification is used.

That's fine, but by all of your accounts, you are on the thin edge.

For now, primary Teri can live with this.

Hi Doug,

Teri may be able to get along with it much more, if you realized you
have two antennas in one and simply remove one of them. Simple, is
easier said than simple.

By all appearances you have a combination FM-TV antenna as I see at
least 5 elements (you don't show the entire antenna by the way) and
you are only using 3 of them. Your connection should be at the end
that is pointing (east) at the station you want to hear. If it is
not, you have it pointed backwards and this may explain why things are
so hinky. Another clue that you can verify. There should be another
set of antenna connections (like wing nuts that presently you connect
to) at the OPPOSITE end of the boom - n'est pas? They should be on
the next to last elements before the end of the boom.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC