Old May 2nd 04, 11:10 PM
The Axelrods

DJB wrote:

I'm will setting up my shack soon but the question of grounding has come up.
I'll be driving a 8' copper rod into the ground and running wire to a
grounding bulkhead for the equipment to tie in. The problem is that my shack
will be on the second floor. I know that you would have to keep the ground
run as short as possible. Could I use a use a larger guage wire for the
ground run? If so, what guage should I use? I plan to use originally #10
guage.

Thank you,

Dave

I have used #10 very successfully here. Your 8 foot rod may be enough
depending on local moisture levels. My local Hydro company advised a 10
foot rod so it would be 9 feet in the ground due to our fluxuating water
levels. The rod is not copper but is very good and easy to pound into
our heavy soil.

There is an article on grounding at the AMANDX site below. It may be of use

--
73 and Best of DX
Shawn Axelrod

Visit the AMANDX DX site with info for the new or experienced listener:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/index.html

REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER