Old May 3rd 04, 03:14 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Jay Heyl wrote:

In article ,
says...
I'm looking to buy a SW radio for my father in China so he can listen
to VOA broadcasts. I've looked online at some reviews and am not sure
of how important certain specs of the radios are relative to price.
(i.e. what is the advantage of the $100 radio over the $30 radio).
Could anyone suggest a good radio for me, or tell me what I should be
looking for in a prospective radio?

If all you want is to receive VOA, there are several Chinese
manufactured radios that will do the job nicely and your father can
probably pick up in China very cheaply.

snip

I hope he like Chinese opera otherwise don't bother.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California