Old May 3rd 04, 06:21 AM
GO BEARCATS

Default Reply From Ed Bolton (Amos-n-Andy)

This is part of an email I got from Ed actually yrsterday, just got around to
it today. I had sent him an envelope of some of the thread on his show, mainly
Frank and myself. Here it is.

************

Amos n Andy is a very-well-planned program. Nothing on today's radio or
television or movies can compare with it in quality. In fact, it laid the
foundation for all radio and television drama to follow, including the soap
operas that are on TV today.
I got your thick letter today, with printouts of the correspondence on your
newsgroup.
The one person who responded to your emails about my re-creations of Amos n
Andy is simply throwing stones. It's so easy just to throw stones! He doesn't
realize how much time and effort goes into each and every episode I re-create.
He has NO IDEA how much time and work I put into each and every episode.
I forgive this person's total ignorance and just consider the source.
I don't blame him for not appreciating the programs, because he wasn't around
when the original programs were on.
The very best test is to ask someone who WAS around then, and listened to them
on NBC each night when they were on NBC at 7 o'clock. That person --- one who
used to listen to the original programs --- will tell you himself or herself if
my re-creations are "right on the mark" or not, because they'll remember how
the originals sounded.
I can tell you that the people of that age who have written to me tell me
exactly THAT! They say it's an EXACT DUPLICATE!
True, my programs aren't the originals, but that's only because they don't
EXIST!!! (What I'm doing is the only game in town!)
As far as his suggestion that I should give the scripts to a museum is
concerned, that makes no sense whatsoever, because they're already in the
Library Of Congress!
ANYone can get copies of the scripts, but NO one can re-enact them as
authentically as I can.
Ed